True or false? Defender unveiling?

Maverik

To be fair to LR, they didn't actually say they were doing anything epic yesterday other than adding a youtube video, run of the mill marketing stuff.  It would have been one of the lamest vehicle launches ever if that's how they introduced the new 'Defender'.. 

With an incomplete and unstaffed factory, they aren't going to be in a position to do anything for months yet. 

2 hours ago, Eightpot said:

To be fair to LR, they didn't actually say they were doing anything epic yesterday other than adding a youtube video, run of the mill marketing stuff.  It would have been one of the lamest vehicle launches ever if that's how they introduced the new 'Defender'.. 

With an incomplete and unstaffed factory, they aren't going to be in a position to do anything for months yet. 

True but even as a celebration it was a bit lame. I mean it's 70 years!

Mike

1 hour ago, landroversforever said:

Especially as I saw pointed out afterwards, how little Defender content there actually was.

An accurate description of the Land Rover product line today...

Thankfully I didn't watch it and used the time usefully sharpening the tines of my pitchfork as MOG suggested and buying more matches.

Long live worn drive flanges and ineffective cab heating !

Mo

I don’t think the name Defender was mentioned at all. As for the quality, it appeared to be a nice event with a mix of people there which was filmed ‘to camera’ but edited far too quickly so it could be posted ‘live’. A horrible mess was the result. 

I watched 15 minutes after a few beers and got utterly bored.  No depth, no substance.  Truly an indication of the company's culture, or lack thereof.  Fronted by the archetypal used car salesman, too.  The brevity and shallowness of the celebrity appearances seemed to insult those guests, while the floor was filled with the modern bling and only HUE representing the traditional vehicles.  Even the vehicles through the workshop glass doors were bling models.  How low has LR sunk that it broadcasts such dross?  I'm glad I didn't allow it to be streamed through my blog.