The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

Yeah, wings, and rear tub are interesting, but probably not one for bashing intro trees, I was about to write they must be fibreglass, but no, it is all steel fabrication, which I think is pretty cool.

Quilted leather bucket seats means this is probably not a proper challenge vehicle, where solid plastic or aluminium wins out every time.

55 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Yeah, wings, and rear tub are interesting, but probably not one for bashing intro trees, I was about to write they must be fibreglass, but no, it is all steel fabrication, which I think is pretty cool.

Quilted leather bucket seats means this is probably not a proper challenge vehicle, where solid plastic or aluminium wins out every time.

all steel fabrication = sounds bloody heavy, main question would be whats it hiding underneath?

in regards to the seats, id rather those than plastic or aluminium seats simple because id rather not have a broken back, alloy or plastic seats suck unless your planning on imitating a boat

• Like 1

On 2/16/2021 at 3:29 PM, ThreePointFive said:

I would be interested in how a supercharged 300TDI drives

Digging up an old post as I catch up on the thread but technically all 300Tdis are supercharged :ph34r:

Can't find a better reference at the moment than Wikipedia :blush: but I knew this fact from waay back when but anything that compresses air into the intake of an engine is supercharging the air, the original name for a turbo was a turbo supercharger because it supercharged the air into the engine by way of the exhaust gases (the turbo bit). Nowadays a supercharger is usually used to describe a mechanically driven compressor and a turbocharger is an exhaust gas driven one.

• Like 1

As I understand it: early engine makers were gun smiths as they had the skills required of making a tight fitting object travel down a bore. You propel the tight fitting object (a shell or cannon ball) with an explosive charge. A gun can be thought of as a one shot engine. In the same way a charge of air/fuel (or air for a diesel) is drawn into the cylinder of an engine when naturally aspirated to explode and force the piston down the bore on the power stroke. If the air is forced in under pressure the charge of air will be greater, hence the name supercharged. There are a number of ways of compressing the air to achieve a supercharge. A turbo is just one way. 

4 minutes ago, Eightpot said:

Saw this come up on one of the FB groups last night - thought it might be harbouring a merlin engine or something but its 300tdi, mods are purely aesthetic

Surely "aesthetic" implies a visual improvement?

• Haha 3

Beauty is considered to be in the eye of the beholder .......   we just don't know which eye, where he keeps it , or what he feeds it on;  clearly it is capable of a perspective outside of normal parametres.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Beauty is considered to be in the eye of the beer holder .......   we just don't know which eye, where he keeps it , or what he feeds it on;  clearly it is capable of a perspective outside of normal parametres.

fixed it for you 😎

• Haha 2