Coronavirus

Anderzander

5 hours ago, Peaklander said:

I am totally confused about people. There's a sensible group who follow or do their very best to follow the CV advice. Then there's another group who really don't give a damn. Here in the Peak District it has been as busy as any weekend in the summer. People are all over and there's no way that they are 'social distancing'. The pubs and cafes that have reverted to takeaways now have groups of people standing outside in close proximity not giving a tinker's cuss about 2m separation. Yes the bikers are out too, doing their normal sunny weather quick burns on the straight bits. They are on their own of course but only until the next arranged stop.

One "footpath closed keep away, COVid19 suspected" sign has appeared on a popular footpath and I imagine a few might resort to barricades soon.

173699657_Screenshot2020-03-22at18_31_06.thumb.png.43f442f1b70a9ca62b69304d2a301e52.png

This is a pic of the cafe at Grindleford station cafe, after the rush apparently

1583906116_Screenshot2020-03-22at19_39_08.thumb.png.497f14d1e50443205b938552a8c124c0.png

Oh i wish barricades worked - cant say where for social media policy reasons but a estate in scotland we opted to close our gates last night to reduce the mothers day surge as sat was soooooooo busy despite being shut.

well 4 hrs into closure we get told to open from senior folks and i go to open the chained shut gates with a sign up and can barely squeeze 90 in through the 17 parked cars at gates from folks wanting to get a walk.

to put into context we shut gates a few times a year for trees down over road, ice etc and never ever see more than 5 cars there!

wouldnt have got fire engine through without some panel modifications at best.

3 hours ago, smallfry said:

But they do. They do not offer much protection from GETTING the virus yourself, but they certainly do help other people from you giving it to others. 

Actually a proper N95 or better respirator will protect the wearer from the virus.  A normal hospital mask will not.  They are designed to protect others.

8 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Don’t be so quick to judge. I shared photos that were on my village fb group. Yes someone took one from a footpath and someone else took one from over a wall. The photo takers are local residents not going out. The subjects have come from far and wide. I can see some of the incorrect behaviours from my house.

There’s nothing wrong if you go for a walk with correct spacing. There’s a lot wrong about wandering around in groups, standing drinking takeaway beer in groups and queuing as per normal at an ice cream van.

You miss my point. Individuals taking photos of queues and berating people in the same position is what i was referring to. 

• Like 1

Idiot behaviour should get called out. Yes sometimes sensible actions get caught up with muppets which is unfortunate but Snowdon hug a thons are not sensible. Really people can’t be trusted so let’s stop trusting move along to rationing and martial law.

• Like 1

To be fair, the government gave less than clear guidelines. Most of the restrictions were aimed at over 70’s and vulnerable, then for the rest they told them to avoid large gatherings and actively encouraged people to get out in the fresh air. So is it no surprise that people go out on walks, to the seaside, on their motorbike etc. 

Apart from queues for at takeaway food places etc. probably most people were following the guidelines. If a couple that live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, are they to walk 2m apart outside. Same with families that live in the same house use the same bathroom, eat at the same table, are they supposed to walk 2m apart everywhere when they are out?

Last night, as a result the government then says all but essential travel - this isn’t what they were saying previously.

It’s a bit amateurish changing these guidelines on a daily basis. First of it was bars & clubs to avoid. Then they start adding cafes and restaurants, then they close them all.

Next as predicted, it will be a total lockdown. 

44 minutes ago, SteveG said:

If a couple that live in the same house, sleep in the same bed, are they to walk 2m apart outside

No, this was quite clearly stated, 2m from anyone not in the same household.

35 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

No, this was quite clearly stated, 2m from anyone not in the same household.

Just posted this, as clearly the media are ignoring this. I know it makes for a good picture and headline, but showing pics of people walking hand in hand, small groups of people with no context is hardly mass ignorance of the guidelines. Shocking picture of people at the seaside in the daily mail...

26267948-8138439-image-a-61_158489213849

42 minutes ago, SteveG said:

26267948-8138439-image-a-61_158489213849

Anyone who eats frozen chips out of a polystyrene tray is clearly a heathen.

I've been keeping away from the news for years, they just try to dramatise everything and send people into a flap. Long gone are the days when it was factual, now it's an extension of eastenders. The government need more of a wartime mentality and realise they need to manage peoples minds. 

People seem to think if we all stay remote for a few weeks it'll go away. The staying inside is to manage the load on the NHS to reduce deaths, the problem is it will make it drag on longer, business are going to fail, people are going to lose their homes. The alternative is you tell everyone with any weakness to lock themselves away, everyone else carries on, gets it, suffers and the majority get over it. Some don't and the NHS may or may not be able to help them. 

14 hours ago, Ozzy50 said:

Ah reet , not seen that , maybe this type will b more effective?

DC0393BC-89D2-4922-9006-C2A3895B4309.jpeg

No, because it’s not disposable.  Unless you thoroughly disinfect the entire thing each time you take it off to have drink or eat (or any other reason), and disinfect your hands at the same time so it’s all sterile before putting back on, it’s worse than no mask at all.  Partly because you’re almost certain to wear it contaminated, and partly because the feeling of protection would serve to diminish concerns over being in a contaminated environment.

Besides, only full on respirators cover the eyes, which are highly likely to be another infection point.

9 hours ago, Red90 said:

Actually a proper N95 or better respirator will protect the wearer from the virus.  A normal hospital mask will not.  They are designed to protect others.

No, for the reasons mentioned above.

1 hour ago, Stellaghost said:

Kitchen roll to toilet roll via bandsaw lol regards Stephen 

20200323_103921.jpg

Fun as that is I’m pretty sure kitchen roll doesn’t break down like toilet roll so might not be a total solution unless you are running it through a shredder before it gets in the system.

https://www.lanesfordrains.co.uk/domestic/help-advice/drainage-problems/what-you-can-and-cant-put-down-the-drain/

Although it might seem like an easy thing to do, you should avoid flushingwet wipes, kitchen roll or anything other than toilet roll when in the bathroom; the same also goes for cardboard toilet roll tubes, cotton buds and dental floss.

18 minutes ago, mad_pete said:

Fun as that is I’m pretty sure kitchen roll doesn’t break down like toilet roll so might not be a total solution unless you are running it through a shredder 

Your right to a point some kitchen roll falls apart as soon as it gets wet this stuff I've cut is like that and it's only for just in case other thing is I run to my own septic tank so will not contaminate the main system regards Stephen 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

And also a metric bias against older folk.

As a public service announcement, here are the conversions:

image.png.50a9a647182b4146043169f6de70d8b8.png

https://www.convert-me.com/en/convert/length/?u=meter&v=2#british

Well, oldies (70+) should be at home isolated anyway.

Pretty sure people under 70 understand the metric system enough to get 2m, they have been doing it since they were 21!

Either that or refer to the poster I posted a few replies back.

Fridge

Way back, you mentioned a potential lack of SARS's in your area...you would be surprised just what and where SAR are required and in fact, the first ever Response was founded in Berkshire to help SAR involved in searches on the common land around Pinewood and Dereham..

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/593127/mca_uksar.pdf

This is a useful link

After I left my local 4x4, I supplied my name as a trained volunteer for the local medical practices, county SAR and local midwifery service. I get called out regularly by these groups when we have bad weather or when they are particularly overstretched. They cover insurance, although I have volunteer status on my insurance. Often all they need is someone who can drive in poor conditions, at 03.00 in the morning and is happy to sit with a particularly stressed partner.

I also ferry people about when a vulnerable individual goes missing.

I'm DBS'd to the hilt through work, so that helps, as do my various driving qualifications; but it's nice to put something back into the community

30 minutes ago, dailysleaze said:

Should have added emojis for "lightheartedness context"

Although, I know people in their 60's who refuse to use metric...

Metric is evil.

It encourages simpleton thinking. Having a diversity of number bases causes us to engage our brains.

Decimalisation is a plot to rob us of our mathematical intellect, so the powers that be can use statistics to hoodwink is.

Evil.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Snagger said:

No, for the reasons mentioned above.

You are incorrect.  You need to follow proper usage guidelines,, disinfecting the mask and yourself when you exit the hot area.  It will protect you when used correctly. I've used this sort of PPE for many decades while working.