Coronavirus

Anderzander

1 hour ago, daveturnbull said:

And free pizza from Domino's, so my wife tells me. She's an ITU nurse. Don't think I'll be seeing much of her for a while.

Alas only in Yorkshire or Kent, Dave, in which I am neither 🙁

Mo

38 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Urchfab made similar comments in his last video 😃

That's why I will never make it as a comedian! :D

My wife is an oncology nurse, all her patients have to self isolate as they have low immunity so she's more likely to catch it from sending the kids to the key worker schools :blink:

I'm not making her cups of tea any more though, she can drive to McDonalds, save us some money! ... :unsure:

11 minutes ago, Cynic-al said:

My wife is an oncology nurse, all her patients have to self isolate as they have low immunity so she's more likely to catch it from sending the kids to the key worker schools :blink:

I have appointments in a Haematology and Oncology day unit and they’ve cancelled all appointments.... not sure how that’s going to work for all the patients.

I’m waiting to be told to work from home...🤔

Back from Stansted this morning and had to go for testing.  That’s in my benefit as I have ten days leave now, and don’t want to be in isolation if I’m not infected.  Should hear in the morning, if I am.  Next month’s roster has a cargo trip around Africa and Western Europe that’ll still go, but the Athens and Lisbon trips were canned before my roster was even published, and the two Stansted trips have just disappeared from it.  Aviation is pretty screwed at the moment.

Not unless you have someone onboard who is suspected infected.  Testing is done by the health authorities, though, not the company.

On a side note, I had a spare business class breakfast on my Karachi flight a few days ago.  Really nice curried beef or lamb of some type, with a side dish that was scrambled egg and something i though was mashed vegetable.  Transpired to be brain.  So, I’m in the vanguard of the zombie apocalypse...🧟‍♂️

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Anderzander said:

I have appointments in a Haematology and Oncology day unit and they’ve cancelled all appointments.... not sure how that’s going to work for all the patients.

They are cutting treatments short and won't allow things like scalp cooling which stop you losing your hair but adds 1.5 hours to your treatment so increases your exposure time. Patients have to come in on their own and are inspected by a nurse before they are allowed in. Wards allow only 1 named visitor for 1 hour a day. Therefore her workload will reduce but depending what happens I guess they might ask her to work elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, Cynic-al said:

They are cutting treatments short and won't allow things like scalp cooling which stop you losing your hair but adds 1.5 hours to your treatment so increases your exposure time. Patients have to come in on their own and are inspected by a nurse before they are allowed in. Wards allow only 1 named visitor for 1 hour a day. Therefore her workload will reduce but depending what happens I guess they might ask her to work elsewhere. 

She'll be besieged by people who think the rules don't apply to them 'because my mums in there' or who think they can get what they want if they shout loud enough and bugger everyone else.

🙁

Mo

3 hours ago, Gazzar said:

So, I've decided. 

Life is too short to waste in an eurobox, I'm going to make my series my daily car, unless I need to bring passengers.

A noble cause indeed!

For those who haven't, I'd suggest looking at joining your local 4x4 response group - if nothing else it's a fairly well organised group that are structured toward being called on to help out in difficult times.

I'm 'Socially Distancing' and working form home as of Wednesday this week. Having an impaired immune system and being Asthmatic, I could do with not getting yet another chest infection (just had one)

I'm classed as a 'key-worker', as is my wife, so I'm doing site inspections at night, in night-time TM and we've kept one daughter in school. I'm still on call, but the busy season is almost over. There's also a chance I will be called back in if it all goes down the pan...

Biggest issue with working from home is which coffee to drink...

1 hour ago, Mo Murphy said:

She'll be besieged by people who think the rules don't apply to them 'because my mums in there' or who think they can get what they want if they shout loud enough and bugger everyone else.

🙁

Mo

Possibly, although she is in a clinic so its only people coming in for a pre arranged treatment so not people trying to visit people on wards etc. 

46 minutes ago, FridgeFreezer said:

For those who haven't, I'd suggest looking at joining your local 4x4 response group - if nothing else it's a fairly well organised group that are structured toward being called on to help out in difficult times.

Still haven't got my 4x4 back after my little accident. 6 weeks so far and probably 3 still to go. They say it's out of paint but needs putting back together. They obviously didn't take photos as they took it apart and put all the bits in labelled chinese takeaway tubs!

On 3/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, cackshifter said:

I think for us the problem is self isolation - I am working at home, but we both have enough miles on the clock to be at risk. But if one of us gets it we are suppose to stay put for 14 days. Yet the supermarkets online deliveries are completely overwhelmed. Short of going somewhere isolated and murdering a deer I'm not sure how we can avoid contact

You might need to ask for help from neighbours... Tomorrow morning I will be shopping for myself and two other households...

5 hours ago, FridgeFreezer said:

If it's anything like the bulk of the 4x4 Responses in the UK, you won't last five minutes. The bulk of them are full of very well meaning individuals, but badly trained, if trained at all. Mixed in to the members are what the blue light services like to call "Beacon Addicts" or 'High Viz Fashionista"

Join you local SAR as a driver and support crew. Professional, well trained and well run, with the proper insurance for the job

But as be careful of Mountain Rescue as their training may be highly suspect due to a certain individual who is now training them!

Edited by Nonimouse
  • Like 3