What have you painted your galvanised chassis with?

Wash it well with a degreasing detergent, hand dry, then Mordant T solution, rinse off when it turns the galv black, I used a coach paint buf coloured primer, then vehicle chassis black gloss paint, more details in my chassis change post. 

Yes I would use the same, but talk to Craig at Buzzweld as they do duitable finish & primer for galv chassis. 

T-wash, galv etch primer, then rustoleum 7300 satin black. The aerosol 7300 did a better adhesion job than the brush/roller application from the tin. The 7300 seems to be everything that Hammerite isn't these days.

POR-15 is good for rough rusty bits? (not shiny new galv?) 🙂

Pete

I washed the new chassis with soapy water and a pressure washer, then let it weather a bit for a month before using etch primer and Rustolem matt black aerosols for the rear cross member aft face and the dumb irons, and applied Hammerite Underbody Sheild by brush (corners) and roller directly to the rest of the chassis.  The finish was good and it’s very resilient to road spray and chipping, just washes off a bit easily with fuel, oil or solvents.   Cheap, neat (once it’s tackiness dries away) and very resilient in general terms.  I’d do it the same way again.

T wash and 2 pack paint. I have someone who does them for me. 3 top coats. Have done 4 now. 2 only just done. 1 done 3 years ago but stores indoors. 1 been on road 9 months

Not been on the road long enough to really tell but first signs promising and easy to touch up and wont flake like powder coat.

My main reason was to have it look standard but not cause issues. The added protection is a bonus

Obviously before anyone says it I know mine hasn't hit the road yet but its had some knocks in the workshop (sharp edges onto corners etc) and its not damaged it. 

• New galv
  • T-wash (feels wrong turning a shiny new chassis into a dull grey one!
  • Rinse off with water and leave to dry
  • POR15 Metal-Prep solution - sprayed on with a garden sprayer and then left to dry
  • POR15 black - 2 coats. 

If you use POR15.... make sure your legs are covered :lol:. I had it stuck on my legs for weeks :D 

Worth noting that POR15 isn't UV stable, so I will be top coating the rear crossmember at some point.

I went for Bilt Hamber Etch primer followed by their epoxy coating. I also used their cavity wax from a rattle can (which is very good) and then to town with brush on Waxoyl as well. One big mistake i made was not being thorough enough with cleaning the chassis before i started and i've got some bits flaking off now.

I went with Mordant T-wash then etch primer then some red oxide primer I had in the shed and then black metal paint, nothing fancy (aldi I think) thinned down enough to spray. Its been on for 5 years now and no chips and still looks like new