The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

It probably is,.. and the trip might even be legal next week,... but much as I have always wanted one, (and I am very jealous of yours),.. I just have to accept I don't have the resources or the income to see it through these days. I would just go and have a look but it is 4 hours from me!

It sits too high, too much 'merican style for my taste, but I can't help but like the idea... Now if I were to find a TVR with a rotten chassis and a Range classic with rotten bodywork (those aren't hard to find!) maybe we could cobble together something similar. Without the B&Q parts, obviously! 🙂

Filip

• Like 1

Wasn't sure which thread to put it in...

The fake adverts are out in force at the moment as this vehicle I saw on ebay about 18 months ago as a genuine sale. It's currently appearing like this at least twice a week on average. Same stupid price every time from the scammers... and then often removed by ebay straight away, although not always. 

image.png.44ff0b0cb01f5bfbeb0f4e3931d4a9d5.png

image.thumb.png.73cc19bcf154a350f45ac34e41eab72e.png

• Like 1

eBay are usually very slow at removing them, there's a facebook group that reports them, on some days they will find thousands of scam vehicle listings. The most I've seen them report was over 6000 in a day and over 100,000 in a month. That gives you an idea of the scale of the problem.

13 minutes ago, CwazyWabbit said:

eBay are usually very slow at removing them, there's a facebook group that reports them, on some days they will find thousands of scam vehicle listings. The most I've seen them report was over 6000 in a day and over 100,000 in a month. That gives you an idea of the scale of the problem.

Those numbers are crazy. I figured the numbers like that must be high based on how often I see that exact one... but not that high! :(. Doesn’t take many deposits on that volume of listings and they’re making a proper wedge. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well, most of it is removable, so a repaint top and bottom, standard wheels and suspension, seats and all the red bits and it could be fine.  But as it is, not so much.  His ignorance is on full display, not only for the online admission of EGR removal, which I think (open to correction) is illegal on that age vehicle, but the boast of a complete Terrafirma suspension package - we all know what their products are like.  Those wheels are plain stupid.

I prefer my cardboard wheels.

The TDCI dash conversion would have taken a lot of work and I would find it quite desirable in a TD5 Defender. However, this is exactly the fit and finish I was talking about in the wood interior thread. "Baggy" is the only way that leather can be described. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mo Murphy said:

How refined and tasteful !

🤪

Mo

The sad thing is that artwork is fairly skilled, just applied in a really bad location.  Save that for large pieces of card, canvas or wood!

3 hours ago, Snagger said:

The sad thing is that artwork is fairly skilled, just applied in a really bad location.  Save that for large pieces of card, canvas or wood!

Is it? The paint may be skilful laid but IMO they are the worst Pred/Alien graphics i have seen!