The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

First time I saw one of those I came up behind it on a country road in the early hours. I was sat behind it wondering how and why someone had put a series roof on something that was probably mini based. When I overtook it (in the Ibex) something about the A pillar/front wing shape meant I *knew* where it had come from.

Took me a bit of googling to prove it to myself though.

I think it would look brilliant in the garden next to the 'bex, but I did my petrolhead duty and owned a mini 30yrs ago, and theres no way you can talk (or fit!) me into one again.

Besides, there's plenty of mini related wreckage about the place as it is...

Really sorry but £28,000 for that?

Headlights. WTF..... why not some JB Speakers or even cheap LED jobbies off fleabay?

And look in the back, the ultra sexy bare white insides of the side panels, yuck...... poor finishing of a bad idea.

I do like the steering wheel for some reason ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm never quite sure what you would do with something like that when finished? even with the best fit and finish its still going to be just a technical exercise ( I think ) Nothing wrong with with only the builder getting pleasure out of it but if I wanted to scratch build a car I'd want to say I scratch built it, not finished off someone else’s.

Hey i used up thousands of my 'hard earned' doing just another 90 rebuild so no judgement here :-)

Thank you for the compliment. I could only built a chassis that looks right I don't have the computer skills to stress test etc so building a chassis from scratch is marginal (though I would need to be convinced that this chassis is well designed). The body and mechanicals on the otherhand don't pose a problem for me. Many a good car has been built on someone else's chassis.

Mike