Disaster

Anderzander

I've crashed my 90 .....

71A8DA78-F0EE-4008-8EFE-0F3F01F9DBC2.jpg

The tubs damaged, sills and so on - the wheels are bust and it's more than likely they will write it off.

Not sure if I'll get opportunity to buy it back - but even if I do I don't really have the time to either rebuild it or really strip it.

Very sad.

The plus side though is that I'm in one piece and that's a remarkable outcome.

66F88E26-99D7-4648-86CE-92D2661FB52A.jpg

Thanks guys - I did get off unbelievably.

The car in front braked hard and then hit someone - so he was stopping far faster than a 2 ton landrover with no ABS can.

So I went for the gap - but it started to go out of control - I can take some credit for missing everyone .....

.....but how I hit the central reservation and somersaulted it, landing facing the other way in the fast lane of the other carriageway without hitting someone - or someone hitting me - I've no idea.

Can't get my head around that. In fact it doesn't seem real - but that's what happened.

WHAT!!! bl**dy ell you ended up on the other side and the right way up..... :mellow: looks like she was looking after you that day... going by how bent that winch bumber is, that obviously took a lot of the force of the impacts.

Funny how things turn out somtimes.

Didn't have your camera running did you? If you can prove the chap in front was at fault then you may be able to claim it off their insurance and avoid having to write your car off. But I guess it depends on what caused him to brake, and they will always try and claim you were too close I suppose. A sad end to an otherwise enjoyable day last Friday! But as others have said, you're OK which is the most important thing at the end of the day

If there's anything I can do to help out with regard to moving it, stripping it, or even storing it, give us a shout. Car actually looks remarkably unscathed, I would have expected the roof/windscreen/etc. to take a battering.

Thanks James. I'm not sure what's happening with it all at the moment.

It seems rolling a Landy is fine when it's done in the air :o

The police told me a 'cross over' is incredibly rare - this was their 2nd in 4 years and it's normally artics.

The Highways guys said it was impossible and that the barriers are designed to bounce you back into your own carriageway.

I'm sore as hell but otherwise ok - though I'm needing a bit of time to put my thoughts in order too.

Sorry to hear that, sounds like a fair impact and a fairly impressive sight I bet!

Glad your ok, perhaps have a good add up of the value of parts before letting them write it off.

Will.

If you had filmed it you could probably get enough money to repair just from selling to one of the emergency responder programs on daytime tv ;)

The 90 on first appearance really doesn't look that bad..... although a full flip landing on it's wheels may have bent a lot of unseen bits.