E10 petrol

Simon_CSK

27 minutes ago, Nonimouse said:

It does seem to mainly an urban problem. Although there are so few fuel stations left , out in the sticks, that being rural isn't as much of a blessing as one could wish.

Pretty rural here in SN7 between Oxford and Swindon and all the stations round here have been shafted by the morons. 

• Like 1

We are rural too but the two local stations ran out Saturday night. It was probably all the day trippers filling up before they went home.

Thankfully both have had a delivery since. I’ll sit with just under a half tank until it all calms down as I usually don’t travel far although was going to Skipton in the morning.

It’s probably not the right time to brim the diesel tank and tell everyone at the pumps that it’s to prevent condensation 😄

Just been into Gravesend here in Kent. Luckily I filled up my old Combo van last Monday, just before all this kicked off. Passed three garages that were closed, and a couple of others plus Morrisons with 100 yard queues up the road.

I only fill up about once a month anyway, and beyond that, there is about 100litres in my Master van which isnt being used ATM, so I can syphon that if necessary.

However its not all bad, I will not be able to cut the grass ! Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I wonder how long it will be before fuel theft escalates ? Last time round, locally there were lots of vehicles with their fuel tanks punctured and drained.

As said, probably all over by next week. Its just like bogrollgate all over again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Just been into Gravesend here in Kent. Luckily I filled up my old Combo van last Monday, just before all this kicked off. Passed three garages that were closed, and a couple of others plus Morrisons with 100 yard queues up the road.

I only fill up about once a month anyway, and beyond that, there is about 100litres in my Master van which isnt being used ATM, so I can syphon that if necessary.

However its not all bad, I will not be able to cut the grass ! Oh dear, how sad, never mind.

I wonder how long it will be before fuel theft escalates ? Last time round, locally there were lots of vehicles with their fuel tanks punctured and drained.

As said, probably all over by next week. Its just like bogrollgate all over again.

Except you can't as it was made illegal in the last problem IIRC. You have spare tanks in the world place ;) As even stockpiling is a no no too.

2 hours ago, Peaklander said:

Thankfully both have had a delivery since. I’ll sit with just under a half tank until it all calms down as I usually don’t travel far although was going to Skipton in the morning.

Last week I was on a UK road trip with the OH and blissfully unaware of the fuel shortage, letting the tank get to empty and then refuelling back to full. Cue Friday night in Skipton when we went to fill up ready for the trip to Suffolk in the morning, range of 70 miles and 230 miles to travel! No diesel at the first two we went to. Luckily got chatting to a local that evening who suggested a COOP station down the road, they had enough fuel for us to get home

I am supposed to be going on a Wales trip this Thursday in a petrol Volvo, that has about 5 litres in it currently. No idea if I am going to be able to be able to go or not. Very frustrating. Everything else I have is diesel so can't take fuel from one and move to the Volvo

We tend to keep the tanks full on the cars - or as full as possible. The modus has a tank full of E5 that I can remove and put in the Vitara. The Dub is full and the Disoc is mostly full. I'm out on site tomorrow - but not far from home. Out on Saturday for marshaling - if it happens.

21 minutes ago, Gazzar said:

Working from home, all my trips can be done by train, except doing the shopping. Which HAS to be done, as they've battery grinders on sale.  

I get free travel by train through work. But there aren't any stations on motorways..

I do try to travle by train if I can

Most filling stations around here are out. One has fuel but is rationing it to £30 (and have increased the price). Guy in front of me had driven from Clitheroe looking for fuel to keep his work pickup on the road - it was the first place he'd found open.

I'm okay for now, but my wife is supposed to be on a towing course the other side of Leeds at the weekend, need more diesel if she's going to be able to go.

40 minutes ago, reb78 said:

This is frustrating - did 250 miles today. Have about 200 in the tank but unless I get more by Thursday I cant go home!

Very frustrating. Was lucky tonight, 4th station I tried in Ipswich had plenty of petrol so was able to fill up. Will just keep topping up on the way to/round Wales at every opportunity. 

There was a lot more fuel on the motorway/dual carriageway when driving Skipton to Ipswich on Saturday

1 hour ago, jason110 said:

Tell me about. I have a 450 mile drive to Aberdeen tomorrow. Luckily the local Morrison’s had a delivery this morning. There was next to no fuel in and around Aberystwyth Saturday/ Sunday. 

Off topic, but where's the morrisons in Aber?

31 minutes ago, smallfry said:

Hope you made sure the neighbours were watching ! You'll never take me alive Coppers !

Filmed and stuck on YT.

Also, managed to get £30 of unleaded  this eve, alongside my normal weekly food shop.

The worst bit is this perpetuates itself. Because all the halfwits have bought all the fuel, all the normal people can't get fuel causing ques. Therefore the halfwits think there isn't an fuel so go and buy more. 

I wish a big business that has been adversely affected by this would sue the idoit journalist that started this. Then they might start to think about the damage their actions cause.

Mike

Anyway I'm off to try and find some so I can go to work.....

Edited by miketomcat
  • Like 1

I don't think the stupid and selfish component of the British public should be let off the hook by just blaming journalists, the blame in my view lands firmly with each selfish fool who knee jerked and bought fuel they didn't need without thought for anyone else. Events over the past few years have proven again and again that a number of the British population are simply not capable of rational thought and sound decision making. I'm now waiting for reports of idiots that have stored fuel in an unsafe way causing a fire - I hope I am proven wrong on this last point. 

• Like 1

I think, actually, this is a reflection of our distrust of what the Government says.  The panic didn't start nationally when the story about possible fuel shortages leaked, it was after a Government Minister went on TV to say there was no problem and the public shouldn't panic buy.  Unfortunately, Governemnts of all creeds have learned that blatently lying, continuously makes them popular - generally telling people what they want to hear.  The flip side is, we automatically assume a statement lile that is a lie - and do the opposite!

If they had ignored it, it wouldn't have become newsworthy and probably wouldn't have turned into a crisis!

I noticed that Tesco still has lots & lots of Vegetable oil on the shelves.  50l of that went in my van this weekend.  It's nice to have that as a backup option when these types of things come to pass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, miketomcat said:

The worst bit is this perpetuates itself. Because all the halfwits have bought all the fuel, all the normal people can't get fuel causing ques. Therefore the halfwits think there isn't an fuel so go and buy more. 

I wish a big business that has been adversely affected by this would sue the idoit journalist that started this. Then they might start to think about the damage their actions cause.

Mike

Big business will be affected by this. Electric vehicle demand will increase as result.

3 hours ago, miketomcat said:

Mike

Someone from one of the haulage companies yesterday was on the Today programme and said that the BBC perpetuating the story by reporting such a non story as its headline report every hour was one of the reasons the situation was not improving - the presenter just laughed him off and tried to get him to blame the government to create another non story. I wish the BBC would listen!

I am currently stranded until god knows when as I cant embark on a 250 mile trip currently...!

2 minutes ago, reb78 said:

I wish the BBC would listen!

I wish they would just disappear, tbh, so much harm being done.

Where are you at the moment @reb78? Perhaps one of us on here can point you in the right direction, even if by PM to avoid the masses descending.

• Like 1