What are your Land Rover projects for 2022?

monkie

3 hours ago, reb78 said:

ETA - All I need is the right size circuits and breakers adding for the bits I want to run from the 3-phase distribution board in the shed. The conduit etc is all there. I think I may just do it myself TBH.

Thats exactly what I would do. Didnt want to suggest it on here though. Just be careful.

On the 80”….

Finish bleeding the brakes (for god’s sake)

Figure out why my new battery has just died :(

Fit my new steering box

Revisit the lower radiator pipework

Lanoguard the underside

Then use it to death ! 

On the 90”…..

Find the annoying horrible noise - and quickly 

Put a new passenger door on it - the old one almost straightened - but not really.

Finish the NAS step

Quieten the exhaust

Have my first go at rebuilding a diff.

7 minutes ago, western said:

Refit & ensure the GKN OD works correctly, Replace all 5 doors on my 110, maybe a full same colour repaint. 

How would you get the repaint done Ralph, DIY or get a paint shop to do it? 

1 hour ago, Anderzander said:

On the 80”….

Finish bleeding the brakes (for god’s sake)

Figure out why my new battery has just died :(

Fit my new steering box

Revisit the lower radiator pipework

Lanoguard the underside

Then use it to death ! 

On the 90”…..

Find the annoying horrible noise - and quickly 

Put a new passenger door on it - the old one almost straightened - but not really.

Finish the NAS step

Quieten the exhaust

Have my first go at rebuilding a diff.

Hats off to all of you with multiple Land Rovers. I'm only just keeping my head above the water with a job list for just the 1 of them!! 

1 minute ago, monkie said:

Hats off to all of you with multiple Land Rovers. I'm only just keeping my head above the water with a job list for just the 1 of them!! 

I always thought that, but now I have 2 projects too.

On the Jeep, well get it running, but I doubt that will happen in 2022.

The landy, fit rear seats, so I can take the family, and fit door locks.

Daan

18 hours ago, monkie said:

I think, rather strangely, two isn’t twice as much work.

If they are both working it also takes the pressure off always having one roadworthy, which also means you have more chance of doing things when you feel up for it, rather than having no choice but to do it.

Overall … I recommend it 😂

Main target would be to bring the 109" back to life (finishing the engine conversion that some SOB let me down with, years ago).

Apart from that, getting all the small projects - in the drawer - done for the Defender...improved OBA setup, new winch cables, new/definitive damper mounts.

11 minutes ago, hurbie said:

reliable and German in the same sentence ..... you are probebly confusing Japan and Germany ....

Every Audi and Bmw we have owned has been practically faultless (touches wood) even the 300k 535i E39

I've had several Audis as company cars. I have them from new, put about 130,000 miles on them on 3 years and every single one has had a fault between 110,000 and 115,000 miles. Water pump failure happened on 2 of them. As for my current car, a BMW 2018 model, its always in the garage. Horrible horrible horrible car. Can't wait for it to be turned into razor blades. 

2 hours ago, L19MUD said:

Every Audi and Bmw we have owned has been practically faultless (touches wood) even the 300k 535i E39

Funnily enough I've just done a round trip to Surrey to collect a trailer and another mill and every single car I saw broken down or on the back of a lorry was an Audi or BMW (oh and one Ferrari).

• Like 1

Oh I'll book the D-Max V Cross in for it's first service in July, I might wash it a few times between now and then. If my health keeps slowly improving I might drop the transmission out of the '43 Willys Jeep strip and rebuild it, if not I might trailer it down to a guy who rebuilds them all the time and just pay the bill when he's finished. Scouting about for a Series or early ish 90 for my daughter is also on the cards. All a bit tame really but that's all I feel up to these days.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, hurbie said:

reliable and German in the same sentence ..... you are probebly confusing Japan and Germany ....

Our low mileage five year old Fabia keeled over a couple of months back - the throttle assembly had disintegrated (same engine as the equivalent Polo and Ibiza). £750 + VAT for a new one, plus fitting and call out, so the final bill was over a grand. It's not generally been a bad car, but that sort of "German quality" makes me nervous of keeping it long term...

They aren't what they were, driven by perceived consumer desires for massive amounts of electronics and gizmos, and the Euro6/7/8/9 forever accelerating emissions standards.....

Plus, they can't make money in the future with ICE vehicles, everything for day to day stuff will be electric of some form, so investment has dropped off to maintenance only now, and compliance with regs.

Where do I start...........

Replace the gearbox in my L322 and get it MOT'd

Finish the FIre Damaged Sport and get it MOT'd

Get my D3 SE running 

Finish my D3 HSE and get it MOT'd

Get my P38 running and MOT'd

Break my D2 

finish breaking my two Sports and get them away while  keep looking for a donor car for my CSK to replace the body shell.

Hopefully get planning permission for the site I bought at the start of lockdown 2020 and start building houses.

On 1/1/2022 at 4:33 PM, Simon_CSK said:

Where do I start...........

Replace the gearbox in my L322 and get it MOT'd

Finish the FIre Damaged Sport and get it MOT'd

Get my D3 SE running 

Finish my D3 HSE and get it MOT'd

Get my P38 running and MOT'd

Break my D2 

finish breaking my two Sports and get them away while  keep looking for a donor car for my CSK to replace the body shell.

Hopefully get planning permission for the site I bought at the start of lockdown 2020 and start building houses.

I feel much better about my list of jobs to do now 🤣

• Haha 1