Competition Time - Name the New Product - Winner gets a set !

Hybrid_From_Hell

Just a personal thought but why does it need a made up name?

Why cant it just use a descriptive name as anyone looking for it will google the technology not a name that they can't get right and leads them astray?

I understand Si's naming as he is making a brand but you have to steer clear of the other products names as they are not your brand or you want to avoid the orange product naming ideas.

Marc.

Just a personal thought but why does it need a made up name?

Why cant it just use a descriptive name as anyone looking for it will google the technology not a name that they can't get right and leads them astray?

You have to strike a balance between something descriptive and something which when you type it into Google, you don't get millions of results, or at least where yours will be on the front page without any specific SEO.

You also have to avoid infringing anybody else's trade-mark names. Google Ad-Word campaigns are very hot on this - you cannot use any other trademarks, even in the description which means you cannot even say it fits a Land Rover!

The simplest solution overall is to make up a name and build a brand around the name - so your name becomes synonymous with the product. "Google" being one of the best examples of that. "Hoover", "Fridge" and "Petrol", possibly even "X-Brake" spring to mind too.

It seemed to work for me!

Si

Wiper upgrade kit.

not got one of those flashy "super mega wipers" kind of names,

simple, clear, and tells poeple exactly what it is, which means that they realise and then want to fit a "wiper upgrade kit" :)

first instinct was Megasquirt something though as it fits your product line haha

Clear screen,

Clear screen wipers,

Clean screen.

Is there now more chance of the washer fluid freezing up as there is so much pipe out in the open.

On my Disco I have wrapped my washer pipe around the coolent hose so I got hot screen wash. If you also put this mod your fitting instructions you could call it,

Hot wash

S h I t hot wash

Hot s h I t.