Thoughts and Musings on the Ineos Grenadier

Bowie69

Most of it looks pretty good but that nose is f***ing awful, it's the sort of thing you see on sad knock-offs made in China or India.

I get the strong impression that all that "footage" is computer-generated at this stage so maybe they'll change that and the daft bit by the ladder.

You can see they've been trawling through classic 4x4 designs for ideas.

All in all - interesting, I'll wait to see some real detail though, anyone can come up with a computer model and a load of promises.

Very first thoughts:

110 from the side

G Wagen from the back

Lada Niva from the front 

I agree with Fridge - overall I like it, but lose the bump at the front. If I wanted a Niva I would look out for one as they become classics!

Edited by reb78

I don't have a problem with the "lump" under the ladder, there's a matching one on the other side of the vehicle too. It gives it a "utilitarian" look where an otherwise flat backend would have looked a bit bland.

I suspect the front end design, in part at least, is as a result of reminding you of a Defender whilst at the same time avoiding a JLR law suit. Be interesting to see what can be done in regards to replacement bumpers etc...

When I saw the 2020 Defender for the first time, I wondered why they were using a LWB Vitara in a Land Rover ad... then realised it was actually a JLR vehicle when they showed what has now become the JLR cookie cutter front end design.

The Grenadier looks more like a Defender than the JLR version and I suspect cost of ownership will be far lower and versatility will be much higher. Let's face it, reliability can't be much worse !

• Like 1

I would think that from today there will be aftermarket companies starting to think about a 'defender style' replacement bonnet and grill. Ineos get what they really want then with a little help from the customisers.... the Defender...

• Like 1

Just now, mad_pete said:

And now for the ultimate test -

Does it get its own forum section on here ? 

🙂

Called defender 2.0?

Bonnet - perhaps related to pedestrian impact regs that the old defender got away with under grandfather rights?

I'd be nervous trying to get some of those edges - particually the hinges - through an IVA! 😄

Edit: I realise IVA and type approval are different ball games!

Edited by WesBrooks