The EBay Christ I fancy that 4x4 + its cheap thread

So this isn't exactly what this thread is about but I thought I'd share.

I can't see many people wanting to nail half a Defender to their wall other than in some kind of commercial/retail application but could be a cheap way to get hold of a door and a wing panel. Taking a risk that they've not been butchered to make them into wall "art" of course.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, miketomcat said:

Yes, is it exempt from the clean air zones? Ideal runabout for the city. I like that. In matt black.

9 hours ago, Gazzar said:

Yes, is it exempt from the clean air zones? Ideal runabout for the city. I like that. In matt black.

I doubt it as it's on a Q plate, though some of the first Q plates must be reaching tax exempt age. Whether they get tax exempt status is another matter.

Mike

12 hours ago, miketomcat said:

That is cool. Although I think part of its recovery power is just gravitational attraction of stuck vehicles...

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, miketomcat said:

There's a beautiful one called Milly at Brooklands. Apparently used to move some planes around the site as well.

Home of AEC Militant Recovery Vehicle - Milly Tant   

• Like 3

I went through a period of looking semi-seriously at old AWD trucks (Tatra T813 being one of my dream garage) but it's the sort of hobby that you really have to either own a farm or a trucking company to stand a chance of actually getting anywhere with - the trucks are cheap and pretty robust & simple things, storing them & working on them / using them is where it all falls down - big space, big heavy tools, big running costs & big headaches if you need recovery, etc. :(

Also you really do NOT want to get one stuck!

2019-01-01_14-04-21.jpg

2019-01-01_16-02-56.jpg

• Like 1