E10 petrol

Simon_CSK

20 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Asda Highbridge this morning, £30 limit gone, and there was only one other car at the pumps(!)

It's over here, and should be elsewhere if everyone behaves themselves.

Just tried calling local Asda to be told unprecedented traffic can't answer call.

23 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

Asda Highbridge this morning, £30 limit gone, and there was only one other car at the pumps(!)

The only Garage I know of that's out is the Shell station on the A39 coming into Bridgy

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bowie69 said:

It was still havoc in Potters Bar when I left yesterday at 5pm. Reduced traffic on the roads though meant that the rush hour was fluid and no jams. I did M3/A303/A30 to Cornwall and there were queues at some stations on the A303, but a number just had cones up to block the pumps still. The Tesco at Launceston had no diesel when I got there at 2130 but Callington Tesco had one car at the pumps and seemed normal so I filled up. Weird. Interesting that the news has moved on to other stuff - it barely got a mention on PM, so hopefully this will die a death now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Troll Hunter said:

This started out as an E10 petrol thread.  What happened???   For the last n pages it's been only about fuel shortages!

Should we have a "Bitch Forum"?

Mike

No.

Threads develop and encompass current affairs [in the UK in this case].

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

This started out as an E10 petrol thread.  What happened???   For the last n pages it's been only about fuel shortages!

Should we have a "Bitch Forum"?

Mike

No need, we can bitch and moan at every/any subject.

• Like 1

I went to Clacton on Sea today to collect another bit of unnecessary automotive tat. 

Filled up with DERV at a small independent  @ £1.36 no problem. No queue, no limit

Noticed the same at the bigger chain places too. Seems the good people of Clacton dont use their vehicles !

Surely these non-E10 responses should have been headed "OTT", or moved to a new thread.  Sorry, but I tend to be a bit old fashioned on these issues, maybe because I'm  now 78 y.o.  But at least I stirred up a bit of conversation🙂.

Mike

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Troll Hunter said:

Surely these non-E10 responses should have been headed "OTT", or moved to a new thread.  Sorry, but I tend to be a bit old fashioned on these issues, maybe because I'm  now 78 y.o.  But at least I stirred up a bit of conversation🙂.

Mike

Understood Mike. This is quite a big issue in the UK at present but appreciate it is could be viewed as insignificant when viewed from elsewhere. Interesting to see how quickly day to day normality is disrupted by a combination of various factors though. Anyway, we are in danger of entering into a meta discussion that will probably prompt more OT stuff. Onwards and upwards as they say.

I had to go out to pick some items I'd won in the local auction yesterday afternoon. I wanted to get some Derv but not one place around town [south Norfolk] had any.

As a sort of on topic.....

France, unlike Holland, has tankerdriver strikes, blockades,  etc. from time to time so out here in the nothings one learns to have your own stock of diesel, petrol and fuel for the heating as they come up almost always when not expected. On average we have some 700 ltrs. in stock. Not to mention the 20 M3 firewood.

Trouble with this modern fuel stuff is that you need to keep the stock moving as it does go "off"

LPG / CNG would help but is sooo expensive.

On 10/2/2021 at 4:33 PM, Happyoldgit said:

This is quite a big issue in the UK at present but appreciate it is could be viewed as insignificant when viewed from elsewhere

If it weren't for this thread I wouldn't have known about it until I was queuing for a petrol station in the UK, so I'm quite happy it was discussed :P

In the end managed (by accident) to find a calm fuel station just outside Exeter where I popped in £30 making it a comfortable trip instead of actually using start/stop and not driving in sport mode all the time ^_^

• Like 1