The "Pass the Bucket" 4x4 For Sale on Ebay Thread

Hybrid_From_Hell

I must admit, it is a familiar truck, if you put it next to the Llama. It is a really good way to create a forward control with very little work.

The SVA bit will put people off, had he started with a 110, it would just have been a body swap and therefore exempt from an SVA. 

image.png.75c96e00041e4bfe8ded71ed777a9992.png

image.png.ba8d3d4a90a22ac730a95892176c0807.png

I certainly choose it over this:

image.png.6623e758345462fb07c8320cbf294348.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daan said:

I must admit, it is a familiar truck, if you put it next to the Llama. It is a really good way to create a forward control with very little work.

The SVA bit will put people off, had he started with a 110, it would just have been a body swap and therefore exempt from an SVA. 

image.png.75c96e00041e4bfe8ded71ed777a9992.png

image.png.ba8d3d4a90a22ac730a95892176c0807.png

I certainly choose it over this:

image.png.6623e758345462fb07c8320cbf294348.png

Agreed, that could have been awesome based on a 110 or 130

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to say it but I can see it getting that, with the way prices are and the quality of the job they've done. I'm not sure what this would have cost from the factory but when late-year, low mileage 110s are achieving £50k it's not unrealistic. With the brakes and transmission changes, there is at least some substance behind it, even if the decision to fit a KBX front end is bizarre.

That said, I think the market is slowing as there's a number of (very average) cars hanging around at the £30-40k mark at the moment. I can see some sellers' expectations being readjusted by certain factors in the next year, like social acceptability, tax and fuel prices. Not that I've been watching the market or anything....

What miffs me off is the fully illegal number plate. Why these people think they're above the same law 99.98% manage to accept is beyond me. Just as well it's not included.

• 4 weeks later...

I assumed in this case that the 'hybrid' moniker is a personal thing, and not official as it seems to be with EVs with IC engines as well as the electric.

I'm guessing this example earned its 'hybrid' status because it's Series 2 bodywork on a chassis / running gear belonging to something else.

I'm afraid I have alerted the forum of the Series 2 Club that there's a stack of S2 body panels available. I just cannot judge if taken together with the 200TDI engine the whole is worth anything like £5.5k. I suppose it depends on the individual situation of the purchaser.                                     

I take the view that as a road going vehicle it's a ridiculous waste of time.

Regards.

Oddly I have been looking at the remains of my hybrid S2 on my drive (scrapped years ago as it was registered on the S2 logbook not the RRC shame) and thought of this kind of vehicle. Except I would use the LR panels to rebody a dodgy damaged TVR or something rather than try to keep it LR based. Oh and I'd keep the tyres covered, that is ridiculous.

5 hours ago, missingsid said:

Oddly I have been looking at the remains of my hybrid S2 on my drive (scrapped years ago as it was registered on the S2 logbook not the RRC shame) and thought of this kind of vehicle. Except I would use the LR panels to rebody a dodgy damaged TVR or something rather than try to keep it LR based. Oh and I'd keep the tyres covered, that is ridiculous.

My thoughts are the same if you want something like that, get a sports car of some sort and stick LR panels on it, then at least all the running gear etc is good, with the best will in the world a LR with beam axles is hardly going to be "sporty".

Can't see how you would get that down the road with out being pulled and if that happens I hope all the paperwork is in order, IVA/SVA, modified car insurance etc. With those tyre alone its going to struggle to turn or gove over normal road bumps.

That's a quality motor! 🤣

While some of the 'experimental' things I've built have had a lick of the ugly-brush, at least I've had the good grace to cut them up at the end rather than inflict them on someone else!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2